A 2.5 mile street track around the business district of Albany first used in
1936. Only seven cars started the first race, but a race was held every year
Races restarted in Albany in 1957, on a new 1.9 mile circuit near the
showgrounds (shown below). The race was washed out by heavy rain in 1961,
and after being washed out in 1964, all subsequent events were cancelled, and
racing was held no more.